ABOUT THE TRADE DESK
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. We were founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, and we've become the fastest growing demand-side platform (DSP) in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, social and video advertising campaigns. We’re growing our offices across the globe, from our headquarters in Ventura, California, to major media markets in the US (New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago), Europe and Asia.
WHAT DOES THE TRADE DESK DO?
Before the real-time bidding industry reached its current size of $5B, our founder and CEO Jeff Green established the world’s first online ad exchange, AdECN. After selling AdECN to Microsoft, Jeff ventured out a few short years later to found The Trade Desk.
Today, we help advertisers and ad agencies buy digital advertising across all channels in the $20B programmatic industry, including in the leading-edge private marketplace and programmatic TV.
We buy online media more efficiently than anyone by using massive amounts of data, superior valuation algorithms, machine learning technology, and media savvy. We’re bringing a level of sophistication to online advertising that has only been seen in the financial markets. Come and join our award winning team!
- Ranked #20 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work for Small & Medium Size Companies 2017
- Ranked 7th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2015 Technology Fast 500
- Ranked 55th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500
- Named #9 on Forbes List of America's Most Promising Companies
- Named Among Crain’s Best Places to Work in New York City 2014, 2015, 2016
- Named One of Outside’s Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016
- CEO, Jeff Green & CTO, Dave Pickles Named Entrepreneur of the Year, Greater LA 2015
- Named Among Forbes Best Places to Work for Millennials, Women, & For Diversity 2015
- Ranked #34 on Inc. Magazine’s America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies 2015
- CEO, Jeff Green, recognized as AMA's 4 Under 40 Marketing Emerging Leaders 2015
- Ranked #7 on Entrepreneur Magazine's Inaugural Top Company Cultures List 2015
- Named Among AlwaysOn’s OnMobile 100 Top Private Companies
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As a member of The Trade Desk’s Legal Team, the Counsel will work extensively with business team members across all functional areas to navigate contractual and legal matters to help maintain the structural integrity of the company. This individual must be able to work independently, and have a proven ability to understand complex legal requirements and communicate them in layman’s terms. The ideal candidate will be able to learn quickly, identify and manage risk, interact easily with all levels of employees, meet deadlines and prioritize projects. A strong work ethic, ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and a positive attitude are absolute requirements.
KEY DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exercise exceptional judgement to advise The Trade Desk team and contribute to the overall success of the business
- Structure, draft, review, negotiate, and manage a variety of commercial agreements including master service agreements, insertion orders, NDAs, and various supplier agreements
- Identify, research, analyze, and advise teams on a wide range of relevant legal topics (e.g., licensing, intellectual property, commercial, data security, and privacy law), issues, and risks
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company globally
- Continually improve our legal processes to help us scale globally with a consistent but locally relevant approach
- Admitted to practice in New York or California or the ability to register as In-House Counsel in New York or California
- Juris doctorate from a top-ranked US law school required
- 5 years of experience working in an internationally/nationally-recognized law firm or in house legal department
- Strong business sense and ability to exercise good business judgement is critical
- Effective communicator, with the ability to interact with internal and external constituents at all levels
- Superior analytical skills with a creative and pragmatic problem-solving approach
- Excellent legal skills, including significant experience in structuring, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of transactional agreements.
- Strong commitment to providing responsible, timely, and top-quality client service with superior work product is necessary
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills (sense of humor is a big plus)
- General understanding of intellectual property, online and mobile advertising, and data issues required
- Background in advertising, privacy, and/or digital media is preferred
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk.
The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.