Director, Data Partnerships, Business Development
ABOUT THE TRADE DESK
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. We were founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, and we've become the fastest growing demand-side platform (DSP) in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, social and video advertising campaigns. We’re growing our offices across the globe, from our headquarters in Ventura, California, to major media markets in the US (New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago), Europe and Asia.
WHAT DOES THE TRADE DESK DO?
Before the real-time bidding industry reached its current size of $5B, our founder and CEO Jeff Green established the world’s first online ad exchange, AdECN. After selling AdECN to Microsoft, Jeff ventured out a few short years later to found The Trade Desk.
Today, we help advertisers and ad agencies buy digital advertising across all channels in the $20B programmatic industry, including in the leading-edge private marketplace and programmatic TV.
We buy online media more efficiently than anyone by using massive amounts of data, superior valuation algorithms, machine learning technology, and media savvy. We’re bringing a level of sophistication to online advertising that has only been seen in the financial markets. Come and join our award winning team!
- Ranked #20 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work for Small & Medium Size Companies 2017
- Ranked 7th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2015 Technology Fast 500
- Ranked 55th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500
- Named #9 on Forbes List of America's Most Promising Companies
- Named Among Crain’s Best Places to Work in New York City 2014, 2015, 2016
- Named One of Outside’s Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016
- CEO, Jeff Green & CTO, Dave Pickles Named Entrepreneur of the Year, Greater LA 2015
- Named Among Forbes Best Places to Work for Millennials, Women, & For Diversity 2015
- Ranked #34 on Inc. Magazine’s America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies 2015
- CEO, Jeff Green, recognized as AMA's 4 Under 40 Marketing Emerging Leaders 2015
- Ranked #7 on Entrepreneur Magazine's Inaugural Top Company Cultures List 2015
- Named Among AlwaysOn’s OnMobile 100 Top Private Companies
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
In the online ad ecosystem, having the right partnerships and maximizing joint opportunities are paramount. The Data Partnerships Director will work on a team dedicated to driving strategic value for our clients and for the partners with whom he/she works. Ultimately, this individual will be responsible for optimizing relationships with a portfolio of The Trade Desk’s existing partners by assessing business opportunities, driving the agreements, integrations, feature upgrades, and internal and external steps necessary. Expanding the capabilities of The Trade Desk via partnerships while simultaneously driving revenue and profit will be key metrics in the role. Activities include optimizing partner performance, evangelizing and supporting new partner-capabilities internally and externally, working with key stakeholders at partner companies to understand and evaluate new opportunities and features, working with integrations, product management, product marketing, and client-facing teams to streamline adoption and use. The ideal candidate must enjoy an entrepreneurial, competitive, and rapidly shifting environment. S/he must be familiar with the ad tech ecosystem as it relates to data, analytic, and measurement companies as well as companies involved in various facets of omni-channel programmatic buying including players in spaces such as TV sync, dynamic creative optimization, ad serving, brand safety, and cross-device.
- Optimize existing partnerships based on strategic planning, client needs, and new feature sets
- Drive optimal relationship structure for partnerships in conjunction with Legal, Finance, Product, Integrations and other internal stakeholders
- Maintain regular communications and checkpoints with management and with partners to report on status and future opportunities
- Perform industry and trend research and analysis
- Facilitate communication internally and externally related to partnerships (demands, strategies, roadmaps, operational requirements)
- Work across a network of existing partners
- Identify partnership opportunities; collect feedback on existing/potential utilization from agency teams
- Manage partnership deliverable including regular reports and ad hoc needs
- 5+ years of experience growing and managing differentiated relationships with strategic partners
- Experience with contracts and vendor negotiations
- Experience managing a team
- Experience in digital media required and familiarity with the adtech landscape & data companies required
- Excellent judgement & acute sense of self-awareness
- Comfort with basic financial modeling / reporting to assess new ideas and opportunities and measure success on initiatives
- Self-motivated problem-solver comfortable wearing different hats
- Proven communication, questioning, and listening skills in formal and informal settings
- Comfort with fast-paced, dynamic working environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to build excellent rapport with internal (Legal, Finance, Product) and external stakeholders; strong teamwork is a must
- Must be comfortable with complexity and thinking on multiple levels of abstraction; demonstrated use of critical thinking techniques.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk.
The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.