Sr. Director Enterprise Sales
ABOUT THE TRADE DESK
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. We were founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, and we've become the fastest growing demand-side platform (DSP) in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, social and video advertising campaigns. We’re growing our offices across the globe, from our headquarters in Ventura, California, to major media markets in the US (New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago), Europe and Asia.
WHAT DOES THE TRADE DESK DO?
Before the real-time bidding industry reached its current size of $5B, our founder and CEO Jeff Green established the world’s first online ad exchange, AdECN. After selling AdECN to Microsoft, Jeff ventured out a few short years later to found The Trade Desk.
Today, we help advertisers and ad agencies buy digital advertising across all channels in the $20B programmatic industry, including in the leading-edge private marketplace and programmatic TV.
We buy online media more efficiently than anyone by using massive amounts of data, superior valuation algorithms, machine learning technology, and media savvy. We’re bringing a level of sophistication to online advertising that has only been seen in the financial markets. Come and join our award winning team!
- Ranked #20 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work for Small & Medium Size Companies 2017
- Ranked 7th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2015 Technology Fast 500
- Ranked 55th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500
- Named #9 on Forbes List of America's Most Promising Companies
- Named Among Crain’s Best Places to Work in New York City 2014, 2015, 2016
- Named One of Outside’s Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016
- CEO, Jeff Green & CTO, Dave Pickles Named Entrepreneur of the Year, Greater LA 2015
- Named Among Forbes Best Places to Work for Millennials, Women, & For Diversity 2015
- Ranked #34 on Inc. Magazine’s America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies 2015
- CEO, Jeff Green, recognized as AMA's 4 Under 40 Marketing Emerging Leaders 2015
- Ranked #7 on Entrepreneur Magazine's Inaugural Top Company Cultures List 2015
- Named Among AlwaysOn’s OnMobile 100 Top Private Companies
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking to add to our sales team with someone who lives and breathes APIs, a technical evangelist who is equally comfortable selling to both the CEO and the CTO.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop deep technical understanding of The Trade Desk platform and related API and reporting feed documentation
- Manage a small team of special ops Enterprise Sales people
- Build a strategic plan to achieve revenue goals and proactively seek out new customers to build on The Trade Desk platform
- Communicate the value of The Trade Desk media buying platform by walking through detailed demonstrations of the product
- Post sale, work cross functionally with The Trade Desk’s account management, integrations and engineering teams to guide successful customer integrations
- Respond to RFPs and prepare technical proposals and statements of work to win new business
- Develop long-term relationships with senior decision-makers at current and prospective clients
- Work with the product team to help share customer insights to shape our platform
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university; MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- 5-10 years of experience in online advertising in outbound sales or sales engineering role
- Experience in managing a technical sales team
- Extensive experience working with customers on API builds or other technical integrations
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising role
- History of longstanding, consultative client relationships
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability
- Self-starter – able to tackle new clients or territories with little guidance
- Quick learner – able to rapidly grasp new technology and product changes
- Able to travel 25% of the time including overnight and international travel
- Experience in managing longer sales cycles with many stakeholders
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk.
The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.