ABOUT THE TRADE DESK
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. We were founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, and we've become the fastest growing demand-side platform (DSP) in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, social and video advertising campaigns. We’re growing our offices across the globe, from our headquarters in Ventura, California, to major media markets in the US (New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago), Europe and Asia.
WHAT DOES THE TRADE DESK DO?
Before the real-time bidding industry reached its current size of $5B, our founder and CEO Jeff Green established the world’s first online ad exchange, AdECN. After selling AdECN to Microsoft, Jeff ventured out a few short years later to found The Trade Desk.
Today, we help advertisers and ad agencies buy digital advertising across all channels in the $20B programmatic industry, including in the leading-edge private marketplace and programmatic TV.
We buy online media more efficiently than anyone by using massive amounts of data, superior valuation algorithms, machine learning technology, and media savvy. We’re bringing a level of sophistication to online advertising that has only been seen in the financial markets. Come and join our award winning team!
- Ranked #20 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work for Small & Medium Size Companies 2017
- Ranked 7th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2015 Technology Fast 500
- Ranked 55th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500
- Named #9 on Forbes List of America's Most Promising Companies
- Named Among Crain’s Best Places to Work in New York City 2014, 2015, 2016
- Named One of Outside’s Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016
- CEO, Jeff Green & CTO, Dave Pickles Named Entrepreneur of the Year, Greater LA 2015
- Named Among Forbes Best Places to Work for Millennials, Women, & For Diversity 2015
- Ranked #34 on Inc. Magazine’s America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies 2015
- CEO, Jeff Green, recognized as AMA's 4 Under 40 Marketing Emerging Leaders 2015
- Ranked #7 on Entrepreneur Magazine's Inaugural Top Company Cultures List 2015
- Named Among AlwaysOn’s OnMobile 100 Top Private Companies
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Trade Desk is seeking an experienced Credit Manger to take ownership of our credit granting strategy. Reporting to the Credit and Collections Manager, the Credit Manager will establish global credit policies, procedures, reporting and associated internal controls. The Credit Manager will develop and administer credit and collection programs, evaluate systems that could improve visibility and reporting into the credit and collection processes.
KEY DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine effective credit decision models for new customers and then standardize and roll out global credit policies and procedures related to those decisions models – training credit and collections staff on standards for the interpretation of customer financial information, use of information from Dun & Bradstreet reports, and how to evaluate bank and trade references to determine credit worthiness
- Communicate with customers and internal constituents regarding credit decisions
- Determine metrics that measure the effectiveness of the company’s credit policies and practices and collections activities
- Work with customer account managers and sales to assist with significantly overdue accounts
- A four-year degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related field; Ad-tech company experience a bonus
- 4+ years of experience in credit and/or collections functions
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of collections, credit, accounting and financial principles
- Familiar with D&B reports and related system functionality and current credit laws and regulations
- Possess solid collections, account analysis and negotiation skills
- Experience with various credit and collections technology solutions
- Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities in a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn
- Proficient in the use of Excel and spreadsheet applications
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk.
The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.