Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing
ABOUT THE TRADE DESK
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. We were founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, and we've become the fastest growing demand-side platform (DSP) in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, social and video advertising campaigns. We’re growing our offices across the globe, from our headquarters in Ventura, California, to major media markets in the US (New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago), Europe and Asia.
WHAT DOES THE TRADE DESK DO?
Before the real-time bidding industry reached its current size of $5B, our founder and CEO Jeff Green established the world’s first online ad exchange, AdECN. After selling AdECN to Microsoft, Jeff ventured out a few short years later to found The Trade Desk.
Today, we help advertisers and ad agencies buy digital advertising across all channels in the $20B programmatic industry, including in the leading-edge private marketplace and programmatic TV.
We buy online media more efficiently than anyone by using massive amounts of data, superior valuation algorithms, machine learning technology, and media savvy. We’re bringing a level of sophistication to online advertising that has only been seen in the financial markets. Come and join our award winning team!
- Ranked #20 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work for Small & Medium Size Companies 2017
- Ranked 7th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2015 Technology Fast 500
- Ranked 55th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500
- Named #9 on Forbes List of America's Most Promising Companies
- Named Among Crain’s Best Places to Work in New York City 2014, 2015, 2016
- Named One of Outside’s Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016
- CEO, Jeff Green & CTO, Dave Pickles Named Entrepreneur of the Year, Greater LA 2015
- Named Among Forbes Best Places to Work for Millennials, Women, & For Diversity 2015
- Ranked #34 on Inc. Magazine’s America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies 2015
- CEO, Jeff Green, recognized as AMA's 4 Under 40 Marketing Emerging Leaders 2015
- Ranked #7 on Entrepreneur Magazine's Inaugural Top Company Cultures List 2015
- Named Among AlwaysOn’s OnMobile 100 Top Private Companies
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Senior Manager, Digital Marketing will collaborate with other members of the demand generation team to create an integrated marketing plan that promotes awareness and interest in the company’s offerings to likely prospects and upsells current customers. This role will develop and execute strategies for lead generation and nurturing through digital marketing campaigns, marketing automation, email, and website management.
KEY DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute paid digital marketing campaigns using TTD technology and third party platforms.
- Develop a strategic plan for lead generation through the website based on best practices, and then oversee and contribute to development of the site, including its content.
- Develop a strategy for Marketing automation using Marketo and other tools.
- Consult on required architecture of Marketo and other system to ensure optimal use.
- As part of the integrated digital marketing plan, develop a nurture program including overseeing proper configuration of the system, developing a workflow for incoming leads, creating or coordinating the creation of relevant content
- Use best practices to ensure data related to lead lists is accurate and usable. Specifically, manage all lead gen list organization and hierarchy.
- Collaborate with sales to develop a process to qualify leads based on agreed upon parameters and ensure effective and timely follow up for appropriate leads.
- Drive attendance and traffic to marketing events, including trade shows, speaking engagements, webinars and learning programs
- Centralize processes for global marketing automation, provide support to regional teams, and consider regional programs in all efforts.
- Ensure all digital assets are available for localization.
- Ensure proper tracking of attribution from all digital marketing efforts (including ads, site, emails, partner referral, etc.).
- Identify KPIs and continuously track and evaluate relevant metrics to allow ongoing optimization of marketing efforts.
Candidate will have 5-8 years of digital marketing experience and a Bachelor’s degree.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including copywriting.
- In-depth experience with Marketo, or a similar marketing automation platform.
- Skilled with the application of customer segmentation across various marketing channels and throughout the customer journey.
- Inherent desire to collaborate and support projects across teams.
- Oriented around measurement, with curiosity and self-motivation that drives testing and constant improvement.
- Ability to prioritize work, set expectations, and meet deadlines. Ability to multi-task and produce consistent, quality work on time. Creative approach to solve problems. Professional judgment.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk.
The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.