Regional Director, Client Services, North Asia
ABOUT THE TRADE DESK
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. We were founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, and we've become the fastest growing demand-side platform (DSP) in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, social and video advertising campaigns. We’re growing our offices across the globe, from our headquarters in Ventura, California, to major media markets in the US (New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago), Europe and Asia.
WHAT DOES THE TRADE DESK DO?
Before the real-time bidding industry reached its current size of $5B, our founder and CEO Jeff Green established the world’s first online ad exchange, AdECN. After selling AdECN to Microsoft, Jeff ventured out a few short years later to found The Trade Desk.
Today, we help advertisers and ad agencies buy digital advertising across all channels in the $20B programmatic industry, including in the leading-edge private marketplace and programmatic TV.
We buy online media more efficiently than anyone by using massive amounts of data, superior valuation algorithms, machine learning technology, and media savvy. We’re bringing a level of sophistication to online advertising that has only been seen in the financial markets. Come and join our award winning team!
- Ranked #20 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work for Small & Medium Size Companies 2017
- Ranked 7th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2015 Technology Fast 500
- Ranked 55th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500
- Named #9 on Forbes List of America's Most Promising Companies
- Named Among Crain’s Best Places to Work in New York City 2014, 2015, 2016
- Named One of Outside’s Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016
- CEO, Jeff Green & CTO, Dave Pickles Named Entrepreneur of the Year, Greater LA 2015
- Named Among Forbes Best Places to Work for Millennials, Women, & For Diversity 2015
- Ranked #34 on Inc. Magazine’s America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies 2015
- CEO, Jeff Green, recognized as AMA's 4 Under 40 Marketing Emerging Leaders 2015
- Ranked #7 on Entrepreneur Magazine's Inaugural Top Company Cultures List 2015
- Named Among AlwaysOn’s OnMobile 100 Top Private Companies
We are seeking a client facing leader who will directly manage, mentor, train, and develop skill sets of the regional Account Managers in Japan, Korea, Hong Kong and China. The Regional Director will be responsible for proactively seeking out new opportunities with existing clients, acting as a champion for client feedback to product team, developing annual performance development plans for the Account Management team, and contributing to the overall account strategy with sales & trading counterparts.
KEY DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a portfolio business across all key clients across Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and China
- Become an expert on the use and best practices on The Trade Desk platform, and offer insights to clients on how to improve campaigns
- Build Own the higher-level strategic conversations with clients
- Own and take responsibility for developing tactics to grow accounts
- Build internal consensus and empowers internal players cross-functionally
- Actively pursue relationships at the senior management and C-level
- Communicate the value of The Trade Desk media buying platform by walking through detailed demonstrations of the product
- Provide continual training to clients as new features are added to The Trade Desk
- Contribute to the product development process through active participation in product reviews by providing market & account insights
- Help build the Client Services practice, by creating training materials, best practices, sales materials and customer facing guides
- Act as escalation point for client troubleshooting
- Work closely with product, marketing and revenue teams to constantly optimize efforts relating to company-wide goals
- Identify strategic up-selling opportunities by understanding core client business needs
- Work cross functionally to implement effective and profitable growth strategies with partners
- Make a positive contribution to the Trade Desk company culture
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years of experience in online advertising in a client services role
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with C-level clients
- Expertise in working with RTB, DSPs, ad exchanges, aggregators, ad servers, and other optimization platforms is a plus
- Experience managing CPA, CPC, and CPM marketing campaigns
- Understanding of the North Asian market, and established relationships
- Experience building longstanding, consultative client relationships
- Experience entering new markets, and building business from the ground up preferred
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk.
The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.