GM/VP, Product Marketing
ABOUT THE TRADE DESK
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. We were founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, and we've become the fastest growing demand-side platform (DSP) in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, social and video advertising campaigns. We’re growing our offices across the globe, from our headquarters in Ventura, California, to major media markets in the US (New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago), Europe and Asia.
WHAT DOES THE TRADE DESK DO?
Before the real-time bidding industry reached its current size of $5B, our founder and CEO Jeff Green established the world’s first online ad exchange, AdECN. After selling AdECN to Microsoft, Jeff ventured out a few short years later to found The Trade Desk.
Today, we help advertisers and ad agencies buy digital advertising across all channels in the $20B programmatic industry, including in the leading-edge private marketplace and programmatic TV.
We buy online media more efficiently than anyone by using massive amounts of data, superior valuation algorithms, machine learning technology, and media savvy. We’re bringing a level of sophistication to online advertising that has only been seen in the financial markets. Come and join our award winning team!
- Ranked #20 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work for Small & Medium Size Companies 2017
- Ranked 7th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2015 Technology Fast 500
- Ranked 55th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500
- Named #9 on Forbes List of America's Most Promising Companies
- Named Among Crain’s Best Places to Work in New York City 2014, 2015, 2016
- Named One of Outside’s Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016
- CEO, Jeff Green & CTO, Dave Pickles Named Entrepreneur of the Year, Greater LA 2015
- Named Among Forbes Best Places to Work for Millennials, Women, & For Diversity 2015
- Ranked #34 on Inc. Magazine’s America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies 2015
- CEO, Jeff Green, recognized as AMA's 4 Under 40 Marketing Emerging Leaders 2015
- Ranked #7 on Entrepreneur Magazine's Inaugural Top Company Cultures List 2015
- Named Among AlwaysOn’s OnMobile 100 Top Private Companies
The GM/VP, Product Marketing and their team sit at the nexus of customer needs, the technology roadmap, competitive environment and the organization’s go to market activities. Product marketing works closely with Product Management, Sales, and Account Management to communicate the product vision and differentiation. Working with Marketing, the GM/VP, Product Marketing collaboratively develops go-to-market plans for all new products, solutions and features. This role owns strategy for product positioning in market, life-cycle management, and competitive analysis across the portfolio. Own all worldwide regions and drive localization and customization as necessary.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Understand broader market trends and work with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, and Executive Management to identify customer needs, key product enhancements, and new products.
- Be the "one-stop-shop" to the business for information on product, target market, competitiors, and customers.
- Own customer segmentation and product portfolio nomencalture.
- Have proactive communication with senior management on the product, its performance and any major issues or changes in the market or competition.
- Be the expert on users, providing market intelligence on how they discover, assess, buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on competition.
- Deliver positioning and strategy briefs for go to market execution that differentiate our products, and help the Marketing Team execute effectively.
- Provide subject matter expertise for product, company, and internal and external training materials.
- Perform continual assessment of competitive landscape; develop and refine competitive positioning.
- Lead our relationships with industry analysts.
- Coach, lead, manage, and inspire a high-performing, results-oriented global team.
- Build and lead a strategically focused product marketing team and ensure that the team works effectively, collaboratively, and creatively with individuals and teams throughout the organization.
- Lead staff to be accountable for results, modeling behaviors that exemplify the Trade Desk's values.
- 10-12 years global B2B product marketing experience for a mid- to large-sized technology organization
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical field. MBA a plus
- 8+ years managing and promoting SaaS platform/advertising tech/marketing tech products or services, from development through launch and sales ramp up
- Demonstrated success in product launches and end-to-end execution of product marketing strategies and life-cycle management
- Demonstrated ability to meet or beat assigned targets and deadlines consistently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills, including experience independently presenting to Senior Management
- The ability to be self-motivated
- Seasoned experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel, project management software, and agile development environments
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk.
The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.